Find local courses to broaden your skills
Do you want to run a class or an event? We can help
Looking for a space to hire? Contact us
Need to use a computer or do photocopying?
Job Agency and Employment services
A indoor community arts and recreation facility
The Victorian Government is offering free taxi vouchers to help people attend their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
• Funded taxi travel to vaccine appointments at vaccination centres will be available to anyone who
receives a Government benefit through Centrelink (except the Family Tax Benefit).
• Providing funded taxi travel to and from vaccination appointments will help to remove travel costs as a
barrier to vaccination. This is a trial service for both first and second dose appointments.
• People can access this service by calling the Victorian Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
• The taxi booking will be made at point of vaccination booking, and the individual will be provided with
a return trip ID so they can book their paid return trip following their vaccination.
The Daylesford Neighbourhood Centre (DNC) is participating in PSB program to provide a facilitated application process for electricity consumers to receive a $250 rebate on the electricity account.
Whilst consumers can do it online, we are targeting those who may not have access to the internet or internet enabled device.
I have attached an information sheet.
What is the $250 Electric Power Saving Bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment to provide direct support to vulnerable Victorian households experiencing energy bill stress due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The $250 Power Saving Bonus will be available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households with at least one eligible concession cardholder. Eligible households can access the Power Saving Bonus by visiting the Victorian Energy Compare website or applying through a participating community organisation.
To be eligible to apply for the $250 Power Saving Bonus, applicants must be able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
• They must be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account).
• They must be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
• Centrelink Pensioner Concession
• JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Abstudy or Austudy
• Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
• Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Note: if the applicant is in a shared household, they can still apply even if the account is not in their name. They just need to prove they live there. One rebate per household will apply.
DNC are now taking face to face appointments during these times
If any of your clients are eligible and need assistance to apply, please ask them to contact us on (03) 53483569 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
GenU is providing free mental health support for anyone who needs help during these trying times.